Regional Museum of Varaždinske Toplice

Regional Museum of Varaždinske Toplice

 

The Regional Museum of Varaždinske Toplice was founded in 1937 by Josip Čabrijan, a pharmacist from Varaždinske Toplice. The museum is located on the ground floor of the Old Town in the center of Varaždinske Toplice.

The museum contains an archaelogical, balneological, a coin collection, a historical collection and an art fundus. It also takes care of the Archaelogical park Aquae Iasae and the tradition house from 1801 in the town center, that holds an etnographic collection. The tradition house is a valuable monument of the Croatian tradition architecture and is therefore protected by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia.

One of the most valuable museum exhibits is a far known marble statue of the Roman godess Minerva from the 2nd century B.C. The statue was discovered during archaelogical excavations in 1967. It was found in pieces, covered in dirt and the remains of its own temple. It was found together with the plinth and a namefield that suggests the time of its creation.

Internet stranica koristi kolačiće (cookies) kako bi poboljšala funkcionalnost.